Be inspired by meeting the 2009 Ramon Magsaysay awardees:
- Krisana Kraisintu (Thailand) for "placing pharmaceutical rigor at the service of patients, through her untiring and fearless dedication to producing much-needed generic drugs in Thailand and elsewhere in the developing world."
- Deep Joshi (India) for "his vision and leadership in bringing professionalism to the NGO movement in India, by effectively combining 'head' and 'heart' in the transformative development of rural communities."
- Yu Xiaogang (China) for "his fusing the knowledge and tools of social science with a deep sense of social justice, in assisting dam-affected communities in China to shape the development projects that impact their natural environment and their lives."
- Antonio Oposa, Jr. (Philippines) for "his pathbreaking and passionate crusade to engage Filipinos in acts of enlightened citizenship that maximize the power of law to protect and nurture the environment for themselves, their children, and generations still to come."
- Ma Jun (China) for "his harnessing the technology and power of information to address China's water crisis, and mobilizing pragmatic, multi-sectoral, and collaborative efforts to ensure sustainable benefits for China's environment and society."
- Ka Hsaw Wa (Burma) for "his dauntlessly pursuing non violent yet effective channels of redress, exposure, and education for the defense of human rights, the environment, and democracy in Burma."
The awarding ceremonies will be held at the Cultural Center of the Philippines on Monday August 31 (a holiday). The public is invited. Free entrance.